Has it already been almost 2 year?!?

Wow, the last time that I posted was in May of 2014.

A lot has happened between that time, a lot of change, a lot of transitions. Which ultimately means a lot of fun times, but a lot of hurt and grief.

Some of you have stayed updated with me on my transitions, others maybe not (I am not even sure if I have kept up with myself).

After the Bridge Street Mission School(BSMS), I went home for a season of rest while working at Target Starbucks :). I had a lot of coffee.

During the mission school, I believe the Lord was calling be to stay in the West Side of Grand Rapids. After a couple of months home, I moved back down to Grand Rapids into the Girl's House! Fast forward to November where there were job changes and an internship is formed. I work part time for AVI Foodsystems, while doing "part" time ministry as an intern for the Bridge Street House of Prayer; I was the Pavilion Coordinator. The Pavilion is a free coffee shop ministry, that is a place of safety and refuge for those on the West Side. To keep this post brief I am not going to explain more, but the Lord did a lot in my life working here. He taught me the important lesson of being faithful in vision he has given us, even when it is not our first desire.

In February 2015, I had the crazy, impromptu opportunity to go a vision trip to South Asia with four other women. This where God began to open doors in my life, and began to close other doors. It was such a privilege to meet a missionary couple, who have given up the Amercian, comfortable lifestyle for the sake of the Gospel in India.

The Lord was opening doors for me to continue in further education, and that would come from Bethany Global University in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  A school that has one focus, MISSIONS!

"Our mission is to bring the Church to where it is not by recruiting, equipping, and fielding followers of Jesus who are transformed by the Cross, empowered by the Holy Spirit, and effectively prepared with intercultural educational experience, who lead by serving with global partners to transform people and communities, delighting God’s heart, and extending His Kingdom!"

So in August 2015, I transitioned again into a season of learning in the classroom. Man, there are main facets to the program that I could expound upon. Now that finally have i blogged again, hopefully I will have the opportunity to do so.


What makes BGU unique is the 16 month internship, which sends students to different countries as a hands on training learning opportunity of missions. So they send students out as students and missionaries!

Part of the process to be sent out is to go through a short candidacy with our missions agency (Bethany International Ministries; lots of Bethany's, hope you can keep them straight). I have started that process of candidacy, and this week we were told of our acceptance and where our possible internship site will be.

The sites are as follows: Thailand, India, Southeast Asia, France, Kenya, Republic of Georgia, Minneapolis, and East Asia.

I was accepted to pursue the internship site of: Marseille FRANCE!

There will be more to follow on this journey of where the Lord is calling me, but I have felt the need to explain where I am and what has happened in the past two years! I am overwhelmed by what the Lord is doing and continuing to call me into! Hopefully you were able to follow this brief timeline of my life. I would love if you would continue to pray for me as this journey continues.

Pray points:
1.) Relationally, that I will continue to develop strong relationships with those around me, and I would be vulnerable.
2.) Health, in October I am planning on running the Twin Cities MARATHON and training begins April 11th!!!! (ahhhhhhhhh)
3.) Financial- things have been interesting, but the Lord continues to be my Jehovah Jireh. But I also need to find a job for this summer.

Thanks all,

Serving a Mighty God with You to Fulfill the Great Commision!
Victoria Geurink

Comments

  1. Wow Vicky! What an exciting journey, and it's only just beginning. I may have to do a lay-over in France in order to visit you...
    Blessings on you, your future, and your ADVENTURE with God.<><

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week One in Guatemala :)

Week Dos