10:30pm+COFFEE+Saturday Night Worship =

Equals my mind going crazzzzyy! So try to bear with me as I throw out things that have been tumbling around in my head for a couple of days:)

1. I have 40 days until I move into BSHOP. So excited!!! I can not wait to start the 8 months of learning about my God and living in community with believers!

2. With only 40 days I have decide to do a time of preparation of my heart and mind before I start! In the Bible there is a lot of significance to 40 days! The flood, which was a cleansing process of the earth, rained for 40 days. Jesus took 40 days before he started his ministry of fasting, and I pretty sure there is more that the bible talks about, but these were the ones that came to mind.

3. I have decide as my preparation that I am going to " fast" from Facebook( we all know how addicting that can be) and also sweets( oh boy what am I going to do without my sweet?). So if you want to send up an extra prayer for strength that would be great. Wait... Is praying for strength like praying for patience and God give you ways to practice patience/strength? :)

4. GOD'S CHURCH

5. Two weeks in a row I have heard sermons on how the church is God's Church! I think this is a very important key, subject what ever you call! I think lately we have become selfish in our own church's and I don't really know how to explain this, and maybe I don't have to. I will let God use what he wants to with the statement!

6. Between be sleep derived and coffee jitters, my mind is either going so fast I can't keep up with the things and idea that I keep thinking of, or it just goes blank. Ah

7. On Sunday I was a form of pure worship and honestly I teamed up! I have a friend that dances and I have seen her dance many times befoe, but this time is struck me so much. She danced to the song by Chris Tomlin, "Whom Shall I Fear" ( I think?) and it was such a privilege to watch her offer her praise and worship to God in her way and the way that God had gifted her! Again I don't know what to say because I am just speechless, but I really wanted to write about it:)

8. With that it got me thinking in what ways do I worship my God with the gift he has given me!?  The Bible talks a lot about that to using the gifts God has given you, all the piece that make up the body! The Body of the Church, but in order for the body to grow it needs all of the parts and pieces working. Together. Each of their parts. As much I wish I had the grace to be a dance, I don't, I know shocking! God has given me other gifts and I need to use them! And those gifts change so maybe it is time to reevaluate what your gift is?

9. Money!! God has shown me and taught me a lot this summer about his provision through money! It crazy how God likes to use money as a teaching tool about him! My dad always use to quote a passage about how God say test me with money, I believe it is on tithing unlike Micah or something. Give and you will receive and money has a way of teach you patience and not to worry!

10. Live life and don't be okay with comfortable! This is so something I have to work on, it is way easier to just be comfortable instead of being bold! Example: God pressed a verse on my heart to pray over a group and I didn't because I was afraid of being uncomfortable and really just afraid. Which is ironic because the verse is 2 Timothy 1:7 ( NIV) For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. Yup ironic

Well I think that is all for right know! It is getting late and the coffee is wearing off! At least I know when I go to college I found the formula for late night cram sessions :) A good night of worship in the presences of God is enough to get me fired up!!! And Of course don't forget the coffee. With that good night all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One in Guatemala :)

Worship!

Has it already been almost 2 year?!?