Is this the Begining??

 I guess I am going to start this blog saying ...writing a blog is definitely going to be a crazy adventure all in itself and a new beginning. I obviously was okay enough with English to graduate, but it defiantly was not one of my strong subject. Please try to bear with me on whole spelling and punctuation thing, but then again I guess that is the great thing about blogs, you can make it you own thing. We will see how I do, but I wanted to start blogging so that people have a way to find out the Crazy Adventures With God I am having in this next year as I go through Bridge Street Mission School. That defiantly will be the beginning of something so new to my life, but is it?

Let me give you a little background info about the Bridge Street Mission School, but also about how it is a new beginning. The mission school is branch off the Bridge Street House of Prayer (BSHOP) located in the West Side of Grand Rapids. The BSHOP is a coffee ministry that offers a safe place for the people of the West Side to go. The mission of the BSHOP is to be a bridge from the street to the church. This September they will be launching the Bridge Street Mission School.

Their vision is that we, the students, be immersed in a greenhouse environment for 8 months to be equipped, empowered, and sent as Christians who “live on” mission to advance the Kingdom of God both locally and around the world. The four components of the school are fervent prayer, biblical teachings, intentional community, and urban ministry (local and global).


The mission school is set up in three phases. The first phase is called the formation phase. I will be living downtown during this phase with 8-12 other students. We will spend the first four months focused on spiritual development through teaching, reflection, and application. The next two months will be phase two called global mission. We will get to experience life in a foreign culture. We will be teamed up with missionaries to help support and advance their mission work. Right now it looks like we will be spending phase two in Guatemala, but other possible places are India, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, or Cambodia. After outreach we will be back in the West Side for phase three: sending. The focus of phase three is debriefing the past six months and preparing for life's next step.

I am super excited for this fall, this summer seems like it will never end! But I am sure it will come all to soon! I am excited to see what God will do during this time, the relationships that will be formed and develop. But I guess I am asking if this is the beginning because hasn't God had a plan for each one of us before we were even conceived. Hasn't He been preparing so much for us. That our whole lives are a preparation for the next step. That is what Bridge Street Mission School is, it is the next step for me. Yes, it is a new thing I am doing, and it could be a new beginning. But I also believe it is the next step in the great plan that God has created just for me to further his kingdom on this earth.

Victoria Geurink 

P.S. For more information about BSHOP or the Mission School go to bshop.org

 









 
9881 Fillmore

Zeeland MI 49464

Comments

  1. Welcome to bloggyland, Victoria. I'm eager to read what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week One in Guatemala :)

Worship!

Has it already been almost 2 year?!?