Set a Fire

How many of you have heard the song Set A Fire! Lately I have absolutely loved that song! It is so simple, but yet that song gets me going! It is prayer that just echoes from my heart! I want more of You God and there is no place I would rather be then here in your love and arms! I pray that as I walk around people can see that fire and passion that is burning for you God because I can't contain my love and excitement for You, God!

The beginning of this summer actually when I got out of school I had a lot of time for myself! Being a senior, we got done like a month early and my job didn't start until June which equalled a lot of time! Durning that time I spent time with my God! A verse that was really prevalent in this time was Psalm 46:10- He says, "Be still and know that I am God." I took time trying to discipline myself to take time and be still! Do you know how hard that is!!!!!! First of all I can't sit still ever, second to try and stop all the stuff  that is entering and going through your head is hard. We live in the information age and we constantly have all the distractions and again just stuff bombarding us left and right, that to just stop... isreally hard to do! But even just sitting for five minutes in silence can be so peaceful, and relaxing, and a doorway for God to come speak to you! Those couple of weeks were so rewarding, I felt God's love around as I walked through each day!

I started this time with God with the intentions of trying to find out where was the next step in life!( I was bless with more then just that :)) God gives us chooses in life and he did for me too with my plans this fall! Go to college, do YWAM, take a year off and work. In the end I believe God open the door for me to do the Bridge Street Mission School ( only 54 days untill move in) and that is a story for another time. But with so much going on in life it was hard to just make a final decision and that is why I set aside time to spend with my God. God bless me so much with this time, that to think sometime I still go I don't have enough time today God. I challenge you though to take time and just sit and listen for your God to speak to you. Be blessed by him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week One in Guatemala :)

Worship!

Has it already been almost 2 year?!?