Identified

Tonight I lay in the lawn                                                                         Isaiah 43
And star gaze                                          But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
Things I couldn't do if now in Michigan                         O Israel, the one who formed you says,
                                                                                 “Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
Trying to clear the thoughts                                         I have called you by name; you are mine.
Racing around in my head                                                   When you go through deep waters,
Future...                                                                                           I will be with you.  
Job...                                                                              When you go through rivers of difficulty,
College...                                                                                      you will not drown.
Ministry...                                                             When you walk through the fire of oppression
Past...                                                                                      you will not be burned up;
Memories...                                                                      the flames will not consume you.
Present....                                                                          For I am the Lord, your God,
Stress...                                                                           the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
Ministry....                                                               I gave Egypt as a ransom for your freedom;
Relationships....                                                              I gave Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
Life....                                                                            Others were given in exchange for you.
When it stopped                                                                     I traded their lives for yours
                                                                                            because you are precious to me.
The intimacy hit                                                                  You are honored, and I love you.
That He would care 
For me                                                                              “Do not be afraid, for I am with you.
                                                              I will gather you and your children from east and west.
In the big big world                                                                I will say to the north and south,
In the bigger Milk Way                                         ‘Bring my sons and daughters back to Israel
In the even bigger universe                                               from the distant corners of the earth.
Me                                                                                  Bring all who claim me as their God,
                                                                                             for I have made them for my glory.
He stops and listens                                                                    It was I who created them.’”
He speaks                                                                                            
He understands
He loves

Who am I?
That He would...

His Child
His Beloved
His Friend
His Redeemed and Forgiven
His Temple
His Co-Worker
His Workmanship and Masterpiece
His Daughter/Son
His (name)

You are Mine
My Child
I have paid the price
I delight in you
And sing praises
I Love You

I lay amazed
Grateful
Identified
Star stuck

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week One in Guatemala :)

Has it already been almost 2 year?!?

Week Dos